RE: Appointments to the Special Advisory Committee on Blight Resolution.
City Manager Nate Heffron has appointed three individuals to fill three vacant seats on the newly formed Special Advisory Committee on Blight Resolution for the City of Negaunee. The following individuals have been appointed:
A press rerelease will be forthcoming on when this committee will meet, additionally these meetings will be posted on the City’s website, Facebook site, and at City Hall. All meetings are open to the public.
In addition to the newly appointed members, the committee will also consist of City Manager, Chief of Police, and City Attorney. The committee will perform the following functions:
- Review of the International Property Maintenance Code;
- Determine if any parameters described as violations within the International Maintenance Code apply to properties within the City of Negaunee;
- Determine whether current ordinances pertaining to blight are effective;
- Determine if there currently is a “blight” problem within the community of Negaunee;
- Determine what sections of the International Property Maintenance Code should be adopted by the City of Negaunee;
- Provide a recommendation as to what property classes would be best served at this time to apply such standards of the International Property Maintenance Code;
- Hold no less than four (4) public hearings on the matter of blight;
- Provide a written report with findings;
- Present findings and recommendations to the City Council.
City Manager Nate Heffron thanks all the individuals who took the time to apply for vacant positions on this committee and looks forward to hearing from the public and professionals in the matter of blight within Negaunee.
Questions concerning this release may be directed to the attention of the City Manger, Nate Heffron at (906) 475-7700 ext. 11.