Judy Iwanski EMAIL
City Hall PO Box 70
Negaunee MI 49866
(906)475-7700 Ext 15
Hours: Mon – Fri, 10am – 4pm
WRITE INS – ABSENTEE/SAMPLE BALLOT
Precinct Change for 2017
Ordinance #206 was amended to change the polling location for Precinct 1 to the Negaunee Senior Center, 410 Jackson St. The Negaunee Ice Arena will no longer be used. Amendment available – Voting Precinct Change
2017 Election Dates & Deadlines
- July 10th – last day to register to vote in August 8, 2017 Election
- July 25th – filing deadline for seats on the Negaunee City Council and Board of Review to be voted on in the November 7th Election
- August 8th – Primary Election
- October 10th – last day to register to vote in November 7, 2017 Election
- October 27th – write-in candidate filing deadline for November 7, 2017 Election
City of Negaunee Polling Places for Elections are as follows:
- Precinct 1: Negaunee Senior Center
- Precinct 2: Lakeview School
Election Worker Applicants Sought
The Negaunee City Clerk is seeking applicants for election inspectors for upcoming primary and general elections.
Election inspectors conduct elections for city, school, state and federal offices and proposals. For each election, about 12 inspectors are needed. Inspectors must complete the application form and attend training prior to initial appointment and at least every two years thereafter. All workers are compensated. Duties include:
- Maintain peace, regularity and order at the polling place.
- Enforce election law during the election and during the canvas of the votes after the polls close.
- Receive applications to vote and issue ballots.
- Provide instructions about voting.
- Close the polls, tabluate the vote, complete required documents and deliver election returns to the Clerk.
Applications are available at the city clerk’s office in city hall, or by clicking the link below. For details, call 475-7700 ext. 15.