Judy Iwanski EMAIL
City Hall PO Box 70
Negaunee MI 49866
(906)475-7700 Ext 15
Hours: Mon – Fri, 10am – 4pm
WRITE INS – ABSENTEE/SAMPLE BALLOT
There will be a Public Hearing at the April 13, 2017 Regular meeting of the Negaunee City Council at 7 p.m. in the Negaunee Senior Center, 410 Jackson St., (Tobin St. entrance) to secure citizen input to amend Ordinance #206 Voting Precincts and Polling Places to relocate Precinct 1 from the Negaunee Ice Arena to the Negaunee Senior Center. More information HERE.
2017 Election Dates & Deadlines
2017 Dates will be available in the future.
City of Negaunee Polling Places for Elections are as follows:
- Precinct 1: Negaunee Ice Arena ** SUBJECT TO CHANGE**
- Precinct 2: Lakeview School
Election Worker Applicants Sought
The Negaunee City Clerk is seeking applicants for election inspectors for upcoming primary and general elections.
Election inspectors conduct elections for city, school, state and federal offices and proposals. For each election, about 12 inspectors are needed. Inspectors must complete the application form and attend training prior to initial appointment and at least every two years thereafter. All workers are compensated. Duties include:
- Maintain peace, regularity and order at the polling place.
- Enforce election law during the election and during the canvas of the votes after the polls close.
- Receive applications to vote and issue ballots.
- Provide instructions about voting.
- Close the polls, tabluate the vote, complete required documents and deliver election returns to the Clerk.
Applications are available at the city clerk’s office in city hall, or by clicking the link below. For details, call 475-7700 ext. 15.