After Hours Emergency 1-800-458-3132
|Treasurer & Utility Billing|
|Treasurer: Brian Downing Utility Billing Clerk: Amy Moyle
City Hall Building, 319 W Case Street, PO Box 70, (906)475-7700
|EMAIL the Treasurer|
Look up property tax information online!
Summer property taxes will be mailed out on June 28, 2019 and are payable beginning July 1, 2019. Summer property taxes, as well as personal property are due by September 16, 2019 without penalty fees. Beginning September 17, 2019 penalty fees will be calculated and compounded on a monthly basis.
Winter property taxes will be mailed out on November 29, 2019 and are payable beginning December 1, 2019. Winter property taxes, as well as personal property are due by February 14, 2020 without penalty fees. All unpaid property taxes as of March 2, 2020 will immediately be turned over to the County as delinquent at the start of business on March 3, 2020 for collections without exception.
DATES OF IMPORTANCE
|September 16, 2019||
Last date for summer tax payments to be received in our office without penalty. A postmark of September 16th will be accepted to avoid a penalty.
|December 30, 2019||
Last date for payments to be received in our office to have a 2019 posting date for tax purposes.
|February 14, 2020||
Last date for winter tax payments to be received in our office without penalty. A postmark of February 14th will be accepted to avoid a penalty.
|March 2, 2020||Final due date to pay taxes at City Hall by 4pm.|
March 3, 2020
All unpaid property taxes are turned over to Marquette County as delinquent for collections on this date at the start of the business day. Property taxes will no longer be collected at City Hall. Only personal property will be collected.
Penalty is calculated on TAX amount only. The 1% ADMINISTRATION FEE is not included in the penalty calculation.
IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF THE CORRECT AMOUNT DUE, PLEASE CONTACT THE TREASURER’S OFFICE.
End of Calendar Year Receipts
Payments must be received in our office before December 29th to receive a posting date within that same calendar year.
If you require a paid receipt, please submit a self-addressed stamped envelope. Please retain the bottom half of your statement for your records whether or not a receipt is needed.
All utility bills will be mailed on the 13th of the month with the due date being the 11th of the following month. Payment must be received in City Hall by the end of business (4pm on the 11th) to avoid penalty fees and/or disconnect notices. In the event that the 11th falls on a weekend or holiday, payments must be received by the morning of the next business day.
For information on fees not listed, you may call the Treasurer’s Office at 475-7700 Ext 16.
The following rates apply for deposits, payments & late penalties:
- Residential Utilities (Home Owner) – Base Deposit $250.00
- Residential Utilities (Non-Owner/Tenant) – Base Deposit $450.00
- Commercial Utilities – Varied (2 x last 12 months)
- Multi-Meter Landlord Utilities – Deposit $1000.00
- Late Penalty on Utility Bills – $10.00
- Returned Check Charge – $30.00
- Accounts Receivable Interest – 15%
- 48-hour Disconnect Notice (door hanger) – $50.00
The following rates apply for residential and commercial electrical services in the City of Negaunee:
- Customer Charge: $15.00
- Energy Charge All Kwh: 0.1405
- PCAC (Fuel Adjustment) to be determined monthly
- Sales Tax (on Electric)
- Reconnection Fee from requested disconnection – $55.00
- Reconnection Fee from Delinquency – $55.00
- LIEAF (Low Income Energy Assistance Fund – State of Michigan Opt-In) – $.93/month
- Michigan Energy Optimization Surcharge*
RESIDENTIAL: .00300 PER KWH
COMMERCIAL: $11.13 FLAT RATE PER METER
*AS OF 08/01/2009 ALL ELECTRIC CUSTOMERS PAY A STATE MANDATED SURCHARGE ON THEIR MONTHLY BILLS THAT IS USED TO SUPPORT ENERGY OPTIMIZATION PROGRAMS IN MICHIGAN. THIS IS A CHARGE MANDATED BY THE STATE OF MICHIGAN. THE ENERGY OPTIMIZATION PROGRAM (PUBLIC ACT 295) IS INTENDED TO ENCOURAGE ENERGY CONSERVATION AND PROVIDE RESOURCES TO HELP CUSTOMERS USE ENERGY MORE EFFICIENTLY BY PROMOTING ENERGY OPTIMIZATION. QUESTIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE CITY TREASURER AT 475-7700 (EXTENSION 16).
The following rates apply for water services :
- Connection to Sewer System / Permit for Inspection – $150.00
- Meter Installation (¾” or less) – $150.00
- Meter Installation (over 1″) – Actual cost (Min $150.00)
- Water: $10.93 per 1,000 gallons (metered)
- Sewer: $7.98 per 1,000 gallons
- Capital improvement water service: $3.45 per meter/month
- Capital improvement sewer service: $5.80 per meter/month
- Reconnection Fee from requested disconnection – $55.00
- Reconnection Fee due to Delinquency – $55.00 (After 2:30pm/weekends $150.00)
- Thawing of Water Pipes (after 1st thaw) – Actual cost plus a minimum charge of $125.00 during regular business hours and $250.00 after 2:30pm
- Outside (lawn) water meters will be issued a credit for sewer fees on the December utility bill
** GARBAGE WILL BE PICKED UP ON HOLIDAYS **
Garbage Complaints: 1-800-774-9006
TUESDAY – CITY WIDE
Residents should have their garbage out by 6am on the day their garbage is to be picked up. Garbage must be placed at the curb or end of the driveway. Recyclables will be picked up if they are separated from the garbage and put out with the garbage on the designated day.
LANDFILL PERMITS – These Monday-Friday residential permits may be purchased at City Hall, 319 W Case St. Please bring a copy of insurance of the vehicle you’ll be using. Contractors are also required to fill out a form and have their current liability insurance on file.
Recycling schedules and information can be found at www.mcswma.com
The City of Negaunee invites you to use our new online account management tool.
With our customized MyAccount online tool, you can now easily and quickly track your energy usage, spot trends, receive timely alerts, and view and pay your bill…all online.
To pay your utility bill online: CLICK FOR UTILITY BILL PAYMENT
To pay your tax payment online: CLICK FOR TAX PAYMENT
To pay your tax payment over the phone, dial 1-877-318-5779 to call a secure automated telephone payment system powered by Paymentus.