City Ordinances are PDF formatted and require Adobe Reader for viewing. Most computer systems have Adobe Reader; however, if yours does not click HERE to download the program at no charge.
Bookmarks have been provided in each PDF file. Use them to guide you through each section.
Commonly Searched Ordinance Topics
Below is a list of commonly searched ordinance topics. Click the category title to view further information.
Gas Powered Motors on Teal Lake
Beach Use Rules
Noxious Weeds, Junk, Rubbish and/or Miscellaneous Debris in Yards
Hunting in City Limits
Hunter safety courses may be offered through the Marquette County Sheriff's Department. Call 225-8435 for more information.
City Charter & Ordinances
If you are looking for information on a particular subject not covered in the "Common Topics of Interest" section (see below), try a search of all ordinances using a general key word such as "vehicle", "dog" or "snow." The complete ordinance book is a large file (10+ MB) that takes a little extra time to download, so if you already have a general idea of where you need to look, it might be faster to choose the appropriate part from the following list instead:
- City Charter & Ordinances (Full List)
- Part 02 - Administration Code
- Part 04 - Traffic Code Popular Topics
- Part 06 - General Offenses Popular Topics
- Part 08 - Business Regulation & Taxation
- Part 10 - Streets, Utilities & Public Services
- Part 12 - Planning & Zoning Code Popular Topics
- Part 14 - Building & Housing Code
- Part 16 - Fire Prevention Code
- Ordinance 1428 - Downtown renovation & Blight
- Bond Ordinance #2012